20120824

A Series of Unfortunate Events


There's a Chinese saying that when an eye twitches, it means either something good (left eye) or something bad (right eye) is about to happen. Well my friends, I can personally tell you the superstition is absolute rubbish because my left eye has been twitching the whole day and nothing good has come from it.

The eyelid thumping started on Wednesday* morning and lasted till Thursday night. The first day, Sarah and I had a meh day in general, and then the second day, my misfortune was unleashed upon me.

Say au revoir to the white sandal pumps (worn in this post) because one of the straps simply snapped off while I was leisurely walking around at a mall in Sha Tin today. Shocked and appalled at the death of my short-lived** sandal, Sarah accompanied me as I was doing a half-limp and half-hop towards the original store I bought the shoes from. After an hour of complaining and wailing on my part, the outcome was me having to send the shoes back to the store factory to get them repaired (which I won't be getting back till 2 months later, so they will not be travelling to Korea with me a!@#$%slkdjdsklgjlk, and me unwillingly having to buy a new pair of shoes so I could have something to walk in for the rest of the day. The result was a pair of light blue denim supposed-to-be-but-not-so-hidden platform shoes paired with someone-with-severe-pinkeye-eyeball socks. The shoe is a borderline pass for me but the socks I thought I was going to look like a Harajuku junkie with them on. Totally not something I would wear. With Sarah on the other side encouraging me to buy the socks, I finally gave in. The rest of the day after that was still meh. Hopefully my eyelid twitching will transfer down to any of the other eyeballs on the eyeball socks soon.

Now looking at the photo again, I feel like the eyeballs are growing on me... don't be surprised if Vivi's style suddenly changed into something like this. ahahaohohohowhoamikidding.

----------

* Should have gone to see a doctor but was far too busy working on the blog to go see one. Dedicated trooper right hur.
** Bought the shoes less than 2 months ago... proves the point that expensive does not equal quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment